How does intersectionality come up while you’re scrapbooking your stories?
Today I’m talking to ALP community member Kinjal Tanna. We’ve bonded over the past few years over our millennial outsider-ness in the scrapbooking world. We talked about that identity (and others), while chatting about the industry at large, in this week’s episode.
In this episode, Kinjal and I talk about:
- Her early desire to be an artist (and what that meant)
- What looking like an outsider has meant and felt in different places at different times in Kinjal’s life (as a teacher in Japan, and in the scrapbooking industry)
- The pressure to ‘represent’ certain groups of people
- The different ways the scrapbooking industry has failed representation
- Our mutual love for Brandi Kincaid
- So much more
This episode is filled with so much heartfelt conversation, fabulous wisdom, and really great chat.