A + K are checking-in MID-YEAR ('cause WHOA: it's June already) with the goals they set at the start of 2018 & talked about back in EP. 06 of the podcast - what's worked, what hasn't worked... Let's jump right into it!
Amanda + Kristin discuss how the purpose of a mid-year check-in isn't to measure how successful or unsuccessful you've been at achieving your goals, but rather to assess WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED SO FAR & how best to move forward.
A + K also talk about using a support system when it comes to achieving big goals & bouncing your status off another creative friend that could help you progress in a new way!
FAVORITE QUOTE THIS EP //
"Have an ACCOUNTABILI-BUDDY!" - Kristin
ACCOUNTABILI-BUDDY (uh-count-uh-bill-uh-bud-dee) - noun - a friendly person in your life that can help you achieve goals
AFTER-CHATTER SHOW //
Head to our Patreon page to sign up and hang out backstage with A + K getting real about setting social media goals & the questions that arise.
AWESOME LADIES LIVE //
If you love this episode, and would love to be present at a LIVE taping of Crafty Ass Female, come join us at AWESOME LADIES LIVE! This event is a crafty weekend retreat hosted by Kristin and will be happening this year from August 17-19th in East Lansing, MI. Tickets are now available! A + K hope to see you there!
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT US A WRITTEN REVIEW ON ITUNES HERE.
SHOW NOTES //
• Amanda's old lady up the hall
• Oprah's still with her boyfriend
• arrival fallacy
• Why do we self-sabotage?
• You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
• You Are a Badass at Making Money
• Amanda's 2018 LIST OF GOALS
• Ali Edwards' unexpected AWESOME episode
• Amanda went to the National Stationery Show
• Tiffany Han's Inner Circle
• Kristin's book: 100 Days of All about Me
• Amanda's 100 Haikus
• Amanda's 30 Days of Lists
• Kristin's Awesome Ladies Live
• S.M.A.R.T. goals
• The Happy Planner® S.M.A.R.T. goals graphic from THIS sticker book
• Amanda's Mom's 60th Birthday
• Kristin's Awesome Disney Trip
• Oprah's Where Are They Now?
• Wear Sunscreen by Baz Lurman
• ban.do's 'I Did My Best' products
• "We can’t afford to act like it’s okay that "Girls can do anything!" got translated somewhere along the line into "Women must do everything." article
• women in the 1950s
• Amanda's teach me, but also trust me haiku