Do you got the 'ITIS'? ...you know...that monster inside your head that makes it reeeeaaallly hard NOT to compare yourself to other crafters, artists, and humans who you feel are just doing better than you are. There's a definite difference between feeling INSPIRED by who someone is + what they do, and catching the ITIS about it.
In this episode you'll hear Amanda + Kristin talk about the 'rut of the mind' called COMPARISON-ITIS.
They touch on a variety of topics including:
• looking 'behind the curtain' of Design Teams
• tapping into yourself for joy
• knowing + setting up boundaries
• unfollowing those that don't serve your emotions
• the pressure of 'timelines'
• having a growth mindset vs. stuck mindset
• meditation - different types + how they help
FAVORITE QUOTE FROM THIS EP //
"When you feel like you are comparing your lows to someone else's highs, it's just not working for you...just don't..." -- KRISTIN
CALL TO ACTION //
Is comparison-itis getting you down?! If so, SHARE your thoughts & how you're dealing with it.
SHOW NOTES //
• Seasonal Affective Disorder
• Amanda's job w/ The Happy Planner®
• the last mambi DT Amanda managed
• Tiffany Han's inner circle mastermind group
• hidden underground at Disney's Magic Kingdom
• Disney internship program
• The Happy Planner® @ Pinners
• Amanda's point of view of Pinners
• 30 Days fo Lists
• Ira Glass quote
• "The Timeline Myth" by The Dainty Squid
• celebrities who've had babies after 40
• Tammy Duckworth is having a baby at 50!
• Traci Ellis Ross's talk at GLAMOUR
• Milo Ventimiglia on Jack & Rebecca
• Mari Andrew's comparison comic
• K's 28 Days of Action w/ Kanye
• "Power" by Kanye
• "Ultralight Beam" by Kanye
• Oprah & Deepak's 21-Day Meditation
We've set up a PATREON page where you, the Crafty Ass Female community, can help support the rapid growth of our show with amazing rewards, great bonus content, and exclusive behind-the-scenes stuff you won't see anywhere else! You can listen (AND WATCH!) our the first exclusive Patreon episode: Where We're Going + How We're Taking You With Us.