This will be the week you'll probably see all your Insta-buddies' #2017bestnine posts, if you haven't been seeing them already. We are only six days away from the new year (!!!), and everyone wants to know: what were my most-liked nine posts on Instagram this year?
In this episode Amanda + Kristin discuss the Instagram phenomenon referred to as 'best nine' + offer an alternative way to think about it. Also on their minds going into the new year is the toxicity of posturing - on the internet, in crafting, and in life.
NOTE FROM AMANDA: We express some strong opinions in this episode, but we hope you know it's just to make you think...to bring awareness to the weirdness that is wrapped up in using social media. Nothing more. The core message we hope comes through is this: YOUR VALUE IS INHERENT + not determined by the number of 'likes' or what a website calculates is important content. xoxo
CALL TO ACTION //
We talked about a buttload of social media stuff in this episode, but toward the end we called you to action by posing the #2017bestnine VS. #mytrue2017bestnine challenge!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Search what your #2017bestnine are, and assess the images that appear. What did followers and viewers find most appealing from your feed? Then reflect on what moments posted to your feed you would consider your TRUE best nine of 2017. Make a collage of THAT & tag it #mytrue2017bestnine + #craftyassfemale!
SHOW NOTES //
• blue pill/red pill scene from The Matrix
• 'best nine' as a date app
• Amanda's CHA post in her best nine
• Amanda's last day w/ mambi post in best nine
• how IG's algorithm works
• 5 things to know about the IG algorithm
• The Happy Planner® IG
• "setting new intentions for my photography"
• Nova Winter Larson, #thelarsonsadopt
• "fears + concerns for sharing Nova's childhood online"
• John Mayer's 3x5
• dictionary definition of posturing
• Unicorn Frappacino
• 'nice nasty' -- my fellow #plannerbabe Nita Patterson
• Kristin's garden tomatoes in rainbow order !!!
• Kristin's #thursday3
• collage apps to use for #mytrue2017bestnine:
diptic + pic collage